Family Picnic Day
We are all looking forward to our picnic day next Friday 24 February at Navua Reserve Grose River Rd, Grose Wold. The aim of the day is to have a relaxing time together getting to know each other. So bring along fold-up chairs and beach umbrellas/shelters to make your stay more comfortable. You need to bring food (for your own family) and plenty of water to drink. We will adhere to our Healthy Food Policy while on the picnic, and please no nuts or nut products, lollies, chocolates or soft drinks.
Some procedures that we will be put in place, to help keep our children safe:
- Children’s names will be marked off the roll when they arrive
- It is important for teachers to know where every child is throughout the day. They must remain part of the group at all times (ie they can not wander off even if they are with their own parent)
- There will be an area set aside with clearly defined boundaries both for water and sand play
- Children will need thongs to get from the picnic area to the water
- Children will need closed shoes for bushwalking or playing away from the sand
- Children must get their names marked off the roll when they are about to leave the site. Once children have had their names marked off the roll at the end of their stay, they become the responsibility of their own parent or the adult that has been assigned to look after them (by their own parent)
- If families are remaining at the site at the end of the day, children still need to have their names marked off the roll and supervision is handed over to the designated adult
- Teachers will go over the rules of the Picnic Day with the children, at school, prior to the day of the picnic and again on the day of the picnic as needed
- A First Aid kit will be onsite.
To protect the children from the sun:
- They will need a shirt to swim in
- They will need a sun-safe hat and sunscreen
- Bring a beach umbrella or something to create shade
- Bring plenty of drinking water
- There will be regular times during the day when all the children will be asked to renew their sunscreen.
There are no change rooms so it would be better for children to come in their swimmers.
While a teacher will be at Navua Reserve from 8:30am, families can arrive any time after that. Teachers will be flexible marking the roll. There will be no Late Arrivals or Early Departures recorded on the day. (Just arrive when you can and stay as long as you wish). Each child is expected to be picked up from the site no later than 2 o’clock. If this is not possible you need to contact another parent in the school and arrange for them to look after your child until you arrive.
The children will be involved in lots of water play in the river and bush walking.
If the weather is poor, children will need to come to school as usual. (Check your mobile phone for messages on the Friday morning to know if it has been cancelled)
List of things each child will need for Family Picnic Day
- a parent (after all it is an opportunity for families to get to know each other)
- swimmers and towel
- a shirt to swim in
- sun-safe hat
- sun cream
- walking shoes and socks
- long pants (track pants/jeans)
- Food: packed Crunch ‘n Sip, recess and lunch
- Plenty of Water
- Insect repellent
- Boogie boards
You might want to bring:
- Folding chairs/tables
- Beach umbrellas
Note: All school activities that are organised for our children are alcohol-free and drug/tobacco-free.
The first School Management Committee meeting for the year has been rescheduled for Monday 20 February at 7 o’clock. Everyone is welcome.
Excursion to Canberra Years 5 & 6
Children in years 5 & 6 will be travelling to Canberra on Thursday 23 March and Friday 24 March. The details are now being finalised, and it looks like a great trip. Costs include bus, accommodation, visit to a restaurant for dinner and various activities including a visit to the Electoral Office, Parliament House, Old Parliament House, a visit to the Discovery Room at the Australian War Memorial, National Exhibition Centre and more.
This Senior Camp will tie in with History lessons on Government which the children in Years 5 & 6 are learning about at the moment.
Cost is approximately $290 per child (yet to be confirmed), More details later.
Back to top
Canberra – Parent Meeting Years 5 & 6
Teachers will meet with parents of children in Years 5 & 6, after school, on Tuesday 14 March to discuss our excursion to Canberra which will take place on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 March 2017. Discussions will include the activities we will undertake and the risk management that will be in place. We will issue a phone tree that will allow us to be in contact with parents on our return trip so that you know what time we will arrive back at school. We will collect up any/all paperwork related to the excursion.
Back to top
Southern Cross Colour Studios will be taking our school photos this Tuesday 7 March 2017 at 9 o’clock.
Individual photos for each child must be ordered using separate envelopes. See the back of the envelopes for packages and prices. When ordering photos, please make sure correct money is in the envelopes. All cheques should be made payable to SCCS (Southern Cross Colour Studios) not to the school. Envelopes will be sent home later this week.
Back to top
School Drive Subsidy
To find out if you are eligible, and to apply online, visit:
Parent Helpers needed this Friday
This Friday we will be having a working bee at school. We would like some help to cover the children’s workbooks with their beautiful artwork (no contacting involved). This exciting adventure will take place this Friday from 8:30am until 3:00pm in Pat’s classroom. The more the merrier.
Helpers can stay for as long or as little time as you have available. Morning tea and afternoon tea will be provided. Bring your own lunch. Any books that do not get covered this Friday will be sent home with your child to be covered over the weekend. All covers will be provided. There is no need to purchase anything.
School Invoice for Term 1 2017
Back to top
School Bank Details
Account Number: 10106545
Please include your child’s name in the description field.
Back to top
Cleaning Roster Term 4
|Dates||Mid week (Tuesday)||Weekend|
|Mon 30 Jan-Sun 5 Feb||Sally & Daniel**||Helen & Brian|
|Mon 6 Feb-Sun 12 Feb||Cathy & Dieter||Matt & Katrina|
|Mon 13 Feb-Sun 19 Feb||Sarah & Derrin||Bronwyn & Grant|
|Mon 20 Feb-Sun 26 Feb||Robbie & Doug **||Loretto & Greg|
|Mon 27 Feb-Sun 5 Mar||Bronwyn & Ben **||Alannah & Glenn|
|Mon 6 Mar-Sun 12 Mar||Sharlene & Cameron||Naz & Vincent|
|Mon 13 Mar-Sun 19 Mar||Kayleen & Dean||Sheona & James|
|Mon 20 Mar-Sun 26 Mar||Autumn & Jonathon**||Sharon & Steve|
|Mon 27 Mar-Sun 2 Apr||Michelle & Peter||Tanya & George|
|Mon 3 Apr-Sun 9 Apr||Carly & Wayne||Blais & Daniel**|
It is expected that parents who are rostered to clean mid-week will do the cleaning on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.
You need to provide your own cleaning gear as well.
- Cleaning both bathrooms (one at the end of Pat’s classroom and the other one downstairs)
- Sweeping the verandahs & under the awning
- Washing down the aluminium lunch tables
**Note: Your name will be on the cleaning roster even if you have offered to pay the cleaning fee. You will receive an invoice for the cleaning fee and the school will organise someone else to do the cleaning on your behalf.